Monday, February 23, 2015

Guilty & Forgiven

This year I'm reading through the Bible chronologically.

After 48 days I've read Genesis, Job, Exodus and now am little more than 1/2 way through Leviticus.


While reading through the detailed laws of the Old Testament, I'm becoming more fully aware and grateful for the once-for-all sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross.


I had some catching up to do so being home from work on this #snowday (really ice & sleet) has given me time to read.


Reflecting on Leviticus 5:17-19...

Because of my sins I am guilty before the LORD. 

The Israelites had to bring a spotless lamb/ram as a blood sacrifice, the priest made atonement on their behalf and forgiveness was given.


For me and all believers, Jesus is the final spotless sacrificial lamb. He took on my guilt before the Father. Jesus blood was shed through his death on the cross. He is The High Priest and made atonement for my sin. Therefore I am forgiven for every breach of faith against the LORD.


So powerful during this season of Lent. 


“If anyone sins, doing any of the things that by the Lord’s commandments ought not to be done, though he did not know it, then realizes his guilt, he shall bear his iniquity. He shall bring to the priest a ram without blemish out of the flock, or its equivalent for a guilt offering, and the priest shall make atonement for him for the mistake that he made unintentionally, and he shall be forgiven. It is a guilt offering; he has indeed incurred guilt before the Lord.” http://bible.com/59/lev.5.17-19.esv

No comments:

Post a Comment